(33) Clean and paint the areas of weld in accordance with Items IAW MIL-C-53039 using
paint and primer, listed in Table 4.
(34) Replace auxiliary fuel tank.
(35) To perform the functional check, it will be necessary to pull the generator out on the slides.
Open the door of the generator and remove the manual TM 9-6115-642-10. Read the manual to
understand starting and operating.
b. Touch--up references for CARC Paint
(1) Before applying CARC paint, please consult one or more of the following references:
Technical Guide, TG 144, Guidelines for Controlling Health Hazards in Painting Operations. This
can be located at http://chppm-www.apgea.army.mil/imo/ddb/dmd/DMD/TGs.htm .
TVT 3--40 (PIN 708415) explains how to spot paint with CARC. The film can be ordered from the
Joint Visual Information Services Activity. Call DSN 795--7937 for ordering information.
TM-43-0139, Painting Instructions for Army Materiel
TB 43-0242, CARC Spot Painting
11. CALIBRATION REQUIRED. N/A.
12. WEIGHT AND BALANCE DATA. N/A.
13. QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS. Inspection of the completed MWO application
for complete compliance with the technical requirements of the instructions will be accomplished
by qualified personnel.
14. RECORDING AND REPORTING OF THE MODIFICATION RECORDS AND REPORT
a. Records and reports. The organization responsible for MWO application will report
application information as follows:
MWO application information can be input directly into the Modification Management
Information System (MMIS) over the Internet. Entry into the MMIS system is password protected.
New users can register on-line at https://www.mmis.army.mil/mwo/ . Passwords are normally
approved and issued within 48 hours.
Elements 1, 2, 4, 6 and 9 are given for this MWO (as shown). The person reporting the MWO
data will acquire the remaining data elements and input all nine into MMIS.
Material Change Number
Unit Identification Number
NSN of End Item
Date of Application
Hours Required for Application