Figure 37. Refrigerant System Discharging, Evacuating And Charging Arrangement..
d. Making Brazed Joints.
(4) Slip tubing into fitting until it seats
(1) Cut tubing according to paragraph
(5) Blow all traces of refrigerant from
that part of the system which is to be
brazed before applying heat. Oil
(2) If not perfectly round, size the end
pumped nitrogen gas should be bled
of the tube with a sizing tool.
through the tubing or pipe being
brazed to maintain neutral atmos-
(3) Clean the ends of the tubing with
phere within the tube. This should
crocus cloth or wim brush. Do not
be continued after brazing until
under any circumstances use sand-
temperature of the tube has been
paper, emery cloth or steel wool for
duced below the temperature of