(kilowatts). All electrical operating switches are located behind the
front panel and are identified as the selector switch and thermostat.
The major electrical components are the fan motor and the compressor
(1) Remove the right-side panel (para 39).
(2) Remove fish paper cover (lift off ).
(3) Disconnect, the running capacitor leads.
It is not necessary to mark the leads; reversal is not pos-
(4) Remove the four screws at base of capacitor and remove the
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the running capacitor with a clean, dry cloth.
(2) Inspect the running capacitor for damaged container or dam-
(3) Replace a damaged running capacitor.
(1) Test the running capacitor with a suitable capacitor tester
for continuity, leakage short, and capacitance. The capacitor is rated
at 15 microfarads, 370 volts.
(2) Replace a defective running capacitor.
(1) Position running capacitor on base and secure side clamps
(2) Solder leads to running capacitor.
(3) Install fish paper cover.
(4) Install the right panel (para 39).