(3) Position the air conditioner nameplate and secure with the
(4) Position the control knobs on the thermostat, selector switch
and fresh air control and secure with set screws.
Selector Switch (figure 1)
Remove left-side panel (para 39).
(2) Remove the knobs from the thermostat, selector switch, and
fresh air control knobs by loosening the set screws in each.
Remove the name
Remove the three screws from the name plate.
Remove the two mounting screws and remove the switch from the
(5) Tag and disconnect the wiring harness from the selector switch
and remove it from the unit.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the selector switch with a soft cloth dampened with
(2) Inspect the selector switch for damaged terminals or improper
(3) Replace a defective selector switch.
(1) Locate the three positions of the switch making reference to
the control panel. Set the switch on OFF position.
(2) With the leads of a multimeter set on resistance, make contact
between the terminal with a copper bar, and each of the other terminals
should read a high resistance on the meter.
(3) Rotate the switch to FAN position. A high resistance should
terminal. Otherwise, the switch is defective.
(4) Rotate the switch to COOL position. Low resistance should be
between the terminal with a copper bar and each of the other two ter-
minals. Otherwise, the switch is defective.