(5) Remove knob and replace a defective selector switch.
(1) Connect the wiring to the switch.
(2) Position the selector switch on the panel and secure with the
two mounting screws.
(3) Position the air conditioner name plate and secure with three
(4) Position the knobs on the thermostat, selector switch, and
the fresh air control.
Install the left-side panel (para 39).
(1) Remove the right-side and rear panel (para 39).
(2) Remove the screws from the starting relay cover removing the
(3) Tag and remove wires from starting relay.
(4) Remove mounting screws and lift the starting relay from the
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the starting relay with a dry, clean cloth.
(2) Inspect the starting relay for damaged wires or burned insula-
(3) Replace a damaged starting relay.
(1) Using a multimeter, test between the leads for continuity.
show up elsewhere such as burning out the capacitor).
(2) Replace defective relay.
(1) Position the starting relay on the compressor and secure with