(10) Close the suction service port. Disconnect the hose fan
suction and discharge valve. Install valve stem cap and replace plugs
(11) Operate the unit and check the refrigerant for freedom of
bubbles. If insufficient charge is indicated, repeat steps 1 thru 11
Lines, Tubing, Fitting, and Valves
The refrigerant lines used on the air conditioner consist of copper
tubing and necessary fittings.
a. Inspect the lines and tubing for cracks, breaks, and sharp bends.
b. Replace defective lines with same size and grade.
c. Heat soldered connections with torch to melt the soldered points.
When soldering valves or sight glass, wrap with a wet cloth
to prevent overheating.
d. Solder all piping and joints after they have bees thoroughly
cleaned. Charge system (paragraph 74d).
(1) Remove the top, rear, left and right panels (para 39).
(2) Release refrigerant charge (para 74).
(3) Remove the four compressor mounting nuts (figure 5).
(4) Remove the flare nut connections on the discharge and suction
lines of the compressor.
(5) Remove the compressor from the unit through the side.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the compressor with cleaning solvent.