(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional
group, functional subgroup, or assembly group to which the repair
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the illustration and
note the illustration figure and item number of the repair part.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the func-
tional group, functional subgroup, or assembly group to which the
repair part belongs and locate the illustration figure and item
number noted on the illustration.
b. When Federal stock number or reference number is known:
(1) First. Using the Index of Federal Stock Numbers and
Reference Numbers, find the pertinent Federal stock number or
reference number. This index is in ascending FSN sequence fol-
lowed by a list of reference numbers in alpha-numeric sequence,
cross referenced to the illustration figure number and item
(2) Second. Using the Repair Fart Listing, find the func-
tional group, functional subgroup, or assembly group of the repair
part and the illustration figure number and item number referenced
in the Index of Federal stock numbers and reference numbers.
Society of Automotive Engineers
D-7. Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturer