(9) Refer to paragraph 4-4d and repair any leaks found.
(10) With the air conditioner operating in the cooling mode, check the pressures. Pressures should be as
given in table 4-3.
(11) Close all valves and remove gages.
Table 4-3. Air conditioner operating pressures
90°F DB/75°F WB
32°C DB/24°C WB
80°F DB/67°F WB
26.66°C DB/19.44°C WB
4.92- 5.62 ks/cm2
DB = dry bulb WB = wet bulb
a. Inspection. Refer to figure 4-20 and inspect the compressor crankcase heater for damage which would impair
b. Test. Refer to figure 4-20 and check for continuity between pins F and G of compressor electrical receptacle.
c. Replace. Replace compressor crankcase heater if damage would impair serviceability or if failure occurs
TUBING AND PIPING.
a. Inspection. Inspect tubes and pipes for breaks and for damage which would impair serviceability.
b. Test. Refer to paragraph 4-4c and check tubes and pipes for refrigerant leakage.
Repair. Refer to paragraph 4-4d and repair all leaks found.
d. Replace. Replace unrepairable tubing and piping as follows:
(1) Refer to figure 4-2 and release refrigerant from the system.
(2) Refer to figure 4-18 and replace defective tubing and/or piping.
(3) Refer to paragraph 4-8 and purge the refrigerant system.
(4) Refer to paragraph 4-4c and check replaced tubing or piping and the dehydrator for leaks. Refer to
paragraph 4-4d and repair any leaks found.
(5) Refer to figure 4-4 and evacuate the refrigerant system.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|