(1) Remove the return air louver.
(2) Loosen the sensing bulb clamp screws and slip the sensing bulb out of the clamps.
(3) Loosen the control module mounting screw and carefully pull the control module out of the unit. Use
care to avoid damage to the sensing line.
(4) Carefully work the sensing bulb through the frame and out of the unit.
(5) Determine where the control module is to be located. Note that the sensing bulb controls the
thermostatic action of the TEMPERATURE SELECTOR. It should be mounted where a true room or enclosure
temperature will be indicated. Do not place near heat or cool producing items. A false temperature control
would be the result.
(6) Secure the control module and sensing bulb.
(7) The receptacle and plug needed to fabricate the interconnecting cable are provided with the unit.
Determine the length of wire needed to connect the plug and receptacle between the unit and control module.
(8) See the wiring diagram, figure 4-5, and fabricate the interconnecting cable so that wire size used
matches the internal wires in the unit. This cable will connect between P2A/B and J2A/B.
(9) Connect the cable.
(10) Install the return air louver.
d. No other preparation is necessary if the air conditioner is to be installed by the typical exterior wall
opening method and operated as a self-contained unit.
Appropriate alterations to the facility to accommodate the selected method of installation must be completed
before actual installation of the air conditioner.
a. Shelter/Enclosure Preparation. The following information describes a typical through the wall type
installation. You may want to alter these instructions to suit your specific application. See figure 4-6 for a
through the wall installation that allows removal of the front and rear top panels for service with the unit
(1) Determine the most desirable location.
(2) Make cutout in wall slightly larger than the overall dimension of the air conditioner.
(3) Fabricate a mounting platform or braces. Be sure to provide mounting holes to match holes in the
bottom of the air conditioner. See figure 4-1, Sheet 2.
b. Lift the air conditioner into position. Be sure to use adequate equipment or four people to lift the unit into
c. Secure the unit to the mounting platform or braces with the four sets of mounting hardware provided with
the unit. See figure 4-1, sheet 3, for cross section view of bottom mounting holes and hardware.
For safe operation, connect a 10 AWG ground wire to the air conditioner external ground. Make sure
that shelter is properly grounded.