4-19. RETURN AIR LOUVER AND AIR FILTER
The return air louver is located on the lower front of the unit. The air filter is clipped to the back side of the
louver. (See figure 4-11.)
Return Air Louver and Air Filter
(1) Remove the 8 screws and Iockwashers and pull the louver from the unit.
(2) Pull the filter from the clips on the back side of the louver.
(1) Usually it is only necessary to wipe or brush the dirt from the louver. If the louver is extremely dirty, it
can be washed following the same procedure as the filter.
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed Spec P-D-680) used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel
and property. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F to 138°F
(38°C to 59°C).
(2) Immerse the filter in detergent solution or dry cleaning solvent (Fed Spec P-D-680).
(3) Agitate until dirt is removed, using a soft brush if necessary to loosen caked-on dirt
(4) Rinse in clear water or clean dry cleaning solvent.
(5) Drain, then hold filter horizontal and tap each edge on bench or floor to dislodge droplets.