4-23. CONDENSER AIR DISCHARGE LOUVER AND LINKAGE
This louver is automatically operated by a refrigerant pressure actuated cylinder and a push-pull cable. The
louvers open as refrigerant pressure in the condenser coil increases. This causes the louver to open more fully
to increase the flow of cooler air across the condenser coil.
(1) Disconnect power at power source.
(2) Remove the top rear cover.
(1) The louver can be cleaned with a soft brush or washed with water and a mild detergent solution.
(2) Check the louvers for bent blades, missing or damaged gaskets, and missing hardware or bearings.
(3) Clean the linkage with a soft brush and damp rag.
(4) Check push-pull cable connections to be sure they are tight.
DANGEROUS CHEMICAL is used in this equipment.
or severe damage may result if personnel fail to observe safety precautions.
Do not attempt to loosen or remove any of the connections to the copper tubing.
Use great care to avoid contact with liquid refrigerant or refrigerant gas being discharged under
pressure. Sudden and irreversible tissue damage can result from freezing.
(1) If unit has been operating wait until unit has cooled to ambient temperature, approximately four hours.
(2) Loosen mechanical post screw.
(3) Close condenser louvers,
(4) Pull wire tight and tighten mechanical post screw.
5. Louvers must be tightly closed when air conditioner is off and head pressure is below 150 psig (10.516
(1) If actuating cylinder is suspected bad, contact direct support maintenance, Do not tamper with
cylinder or refrigerant tubing connections.
(2) Louver replacement.