Disconnect input power from the air conditioner before performing maintenance on any part of the
electrical system. The voltages used can be lethal.
(1) Disconnect power at power source.
(2) Remove the return air louver assembly.
(1) Check that all parts are in place and in good condition.
(2) Check mounting hardware for tightness.
(3) Check motor to see that fan rotates freely without excessive Iateral or end play of the shaft.
(4) Disconnect the P3 motor connector plug and check for loose, damaged or missing pins.
(1) The motor is capable of operating at two speeds. Therefore there are two sets of field coils.
(2) Use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to check continuity between pins A and B and between E and F.
Continuity should exist.
(3) Check continuity between pins G and A, B, E and F. Continuity should not exist.
If all the above inspections and tests are satisfactory, but the motor will still not operate properly,
notify direct support maintenance, who may desire to make further tests before it is removed.
d. Removal/Disassembly. (See figure 4-32.)
(1) Loosen the clamps and remove the temperature switch remote bulb from the top of the fan housing.
(2) Remove the straps and fan brackets from the top or outlet of the fan.
(3) Remove the four cap screws and lock washers from the four corners of the base.
(4) Lift the fan; motor and base assembly out of the unit.
(5) Remove the four nuts and lock washers from each of the inlet rings.
(6) Remove the four cap screws and lock washers and pull the motor, shaft and fan out of the housing.
(7) Loosen the set screws in the fan and the shaft and pull them from the motor.
(8) Remove the four screws and lock nuts that attach the flanges to the base and remove the flanges and
fan housing from the base. The flanges and the fan housing will then slip apart.
(9) Check the condition of the resilient mounts. If any damage is detected they can be removed by tilting
the air conditioner and removing screws from the bottom side of the cabinet and the nuts and lock washers
from top of mount.