Figure 5-7. Expansion Vaive (Primary)
(7) Remove the valve from the unit.
(1) Place the expansion valve in the unit and align tubing ends.
(2) Protect valve from overheating during brazing operations, Direct frame away from valve body and
wrap valve body with wet rag.
(3) Braze the joints in accordance with paragraph 5-11.
(4) Replace the dehydrator. (See paragraph 5-28.)
(5) Leak test all newly connected joints and all tube connections in the area.
(6) Rewrap insulation at expansion valve joints.
(7) Install the sensing bulb in the well.
· Insert approximately one ounce of thermal mastic in bulb well.
· Insert the sensing bulb from the expansion valve into the bulb well.
· Move bulb back and forth to distribute the mastic.
· Set the bulb about one inch (2.5 cm) beyond the open end of the bulb well.
(8) Install the top cover.
(9) Evacuate and charge the refrigeration system in accordance with paragraphs 5-13 and 5-14.