3-6. AIR CONDITIONER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
Lifting equipment (wrecker)
Three including wrecker operator
(1) Turn power to air conditioner off at circuit breaker.
(2) Disconnect power cable and remote control cable to air conditioner at washboard (cable penetration point on
(3) Remove rain shield from around air conditioner to shelter joint. (See Shelter Manual.)
(4) Remove the fresh air duct and fresh air EMI screen. (See paragraph 3-13.)
(5) Disconnect condensate drain lines from air conditioner, if applicable.
(6) Using socket and ratchet wrench, remove eight each hex head screws, flat washers, and resilient mounts
from the under side of the air conditioner mounting shelf.
Figure 3-5. Hoisting Information
(7) Position lifting device (wrecker) so that lifting hook is centered over air conditioner.
During the following operations, the mechanics must be visible to the wrecker
operator and in a position to physically guide the air conditioner away from the
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|