(6) Aline mounting hardware that is used between air conditioner and mounting shelf with slotted mounting holes.
Loosely tape in place toward the front of the slotted holes. See figure 3-4.
(7) Position lifting device (wrecker) so that lifting hook is centered over air conditioner.
During the following operations, the mechanic(s) must be visible to the wrecker
operator, and in some situations must steady and guide the air conditioner as it is
lifted into position.
(8) Connect sling to the four outside corner air conditioner lifting rings and the lifting equipment (wrecker). See
Do not allow anyone under equipment suspended by a lifting device.
Do not allow the unit to swing while suspended from a lifting device.
(9) Carefully lift the air conditioner into position over the mounting shelf approximately 5 to 6 inches (12.7 to 152
cm) away from the air conditioner adapter opening.
(10) Connect power cable and remote control cable to connectors on front of air conditioner.
Take care that shock mounts are not damaged.
(11) Slowly lower air conditioner into position, aline, and loosely attach remaining installation hardware.
(12) With air conditioner slightly supported by lifting device (wrecker), push air conditioner firmly toward shelter to
compress weather seal. At the same time, release tension on lifting device and secure the installation hardware.
(13) Remove sling attachments from air conditioner and move lifting device (wrecker) out of the way.
(14) Install the rain shield around the air conditioner to shelter joint. (See Shelter Manual.)
(15) Install the fresh air duct and fresh air EMI screen. (See paragraph 3-13.)
The fresh air intake duct and fresh air EMI screen may be mounted on the left or
right side of the air conditioner by exchanging it with the fresh air cover plate.
(16) Connect all drain lines or hoses, if applicable.
(18) Check to see that power cable and remote control cable(s) are connected at shelter washboard.
Change 6 3-11
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|