(1) Turn air conditioner off at circuit breaker, and disconnect power cable at washboard.
(2) Using screwdriver, remove eighteen screws.
(3) Being careful not to damage EMI gasket and screen, lift the guard and EMI screen from the housing.
(4) Using screwdriver, socket, and ratchet, remove the two snap fasteners and lock nuts.
(1) Check that condenser guard is not broken, dented, or otherwise damaged. Replace if damaged.
(2) Refer inspection and service of EMI screen to direct support.
(3) Check that snap fastener are in good condition. Replace if damaged.
(4) Check that reference plate is readable and in place. Refer replacement to direct support.
(1) Using screwdriver, socket, and ratchet, install the two snap fasteners and secure with lock nuts.
(2) Line up screw holes in guard and EMI screen.
(3) Using screwdriver, install guard and EMI screen with eighteen screws. Be sure that they are tightened
evenly, and that there are no gaps between the guard and the EMI screen or the EMI screen and the housing.
(4) Connect power cable at washboard and turn air conditioner circuit breaker on.
3-29. CONDENSER DISCHARGE GRILLE AND EMI SCREEN
Figure 3-23. Condenser Discharge Grilles and EMI Screen
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|