b. For inspection, removal and installation of item, see the following paragraph references as applicable.
Fresh air duct
Front evaporator cover
Return air frame
Evaporator discharge frame
Fresh air cover
Top evaporator cover
Feed thru cover
Front condenser cover
Top condenser cover
Right end condenser cover
Left end condenser cover
Condenser discharge grille
Removal of bad gasketing or insulation.
Prior to removal of old gasket material or insulation, cut the new replacement
material to size using the old item as a sample.
(1) Remove as much ad gasket or insulation material as possible by pulling or scraping it away from the metal
Acetone and methyl-ethyl ketone (MEK) are flammable, and their vapors can be
explosive. Repeated or prolonged skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be
toxic. Use a well-ventilated area, wear gloves, and keep away from sparks or
(2) Soften and remove old adhesive and gasket residue, using acetone or methyl-ethyl ketone (MEK) and a stiff
d. Gasket installation
(1) Use only approved replacement material as specified in TM 5-4120-359-24P.
(2) EMI gasket material and regular gasketing specified for this unit are supplied with adhesive backing.
(3) Cut gasket to size. Be sure that EMI gasket corners are mitered so that good continuous edge contact is
(4) Be sure that surface to which gasket is to be applied is clean and free of paint and old adhesive material.
(5) Remove backing material from adhesive side and immediately press gasket in place. Be sure that good edge
to edge contact is made on the EMI gaskets.
e. Insulation installation
(1) Cut to size.
(2) Be sure that the surface to which the insulation is to be applied is clean and free of paint and old adhesive
(3) Coat the mating surfaces of the metal and the insulation with adhesive (item 12, Appendix E). Let both
surfaces air dry until the adhesive is tacky but will not stick to the fingers.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|