(1) Check that base is not bent, dented, cracked, or punctured. Replace if damaged.
(2) Check that blind rivet nuts (rivnuts) are secure and threads not damaged. Replace the ones that are loose or
(1) Minor bends or dents can be repaired using standard sheet metal practices.
(2) Blind rivet nuts (rivnuts) can be replaced by drilling the old one out with a drill slightly smaller than the body
diameter of the old nut. Then install a new one.
(1) Line up the holes in the base and motor.
(2) Using socket and ratchet, secure the motor to the base with two each hex head cap screws, lock washers,
and flat washers. See figure 4-20 for holes to be used.
(3) Using screwdriver and wrench, secure the fan housings to the base with sixteen screws and lock nuts.
(4) Spin the fans by hand to be sure there is no interference. If fan rubs, see paragraph 4-23 for alinement
Follow-on Procedure: Install fan and motor assembly. (See paragraph 4-21.)
4-27. EVAPORATOR BLOWER MOTOR INSPECTION/TEST (INSTALLED)
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove shelter to air conditioner rain shield.
3. Remove top evaporator cover. (See paragraph 3-21.)
Disconnect input power from the air conditioner before performing maintenance
on any part of the electrical system. The voltages used can be lethal.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|