(1) Remove connector plug P6 from connector J6.
Figure 4-21. Motor (B3) Test Point
(2) Using multimeter, check all P6 pins for shorts. Pin D is ground. Check pins A, B, C, E, and F to pin D. There
should be no reading. Check pin D to motor frame, multimeter should read 0.
(3) Using multimeter, check resistance of 3 phase motor windings at P6:
A to B
B to C
A to C
Resistances should all be above zero, but below 12 ohms.
(4) Using multimeter, check resistance between pins E and F. Resistance should be zero meaning thermostatic
switch is closed.
(5) If motor fails any of the above tests, repair it.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|