(4) If the thermostatic switch does not meet the above requirements, replace it.
(5) Check condition of thermostatic switch bracket. Replace the bracket if it is badly bent, cracked, or otherwise
damaged. If the rivets or plate nuts are loose, missing, or damaged, repair or replace them.
e. Repair (bracket only) - Model DHF only
(1) Repairs are limited to replacement of rivets and plate nuts.
(2) Plate nut may be removed by drilling out the old rivets using a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the
(3) Install new plate nut(s) and rivets.
Installation - Model DHF
(1) Place thermostatic switches on bracket and line up screw holes.
(2) Using screwdriver and wrench, attach switches to bracket with two each screws and lock nuts.
(3) See tags and wiring diagram, figure 4-3, and connect leads. Remove the tags.
(4) Line up bracket with holes in evaporator section housing.
(5) Using stubby cross tip screwdriver, install bracket on housing using three screws.
g. Installation - Models EKP and FGG
(1) See tags and wiring diagram, figure 4-3, and connect leads. Remove the tags.
(2) Using screwdriver and wrench, attach switches and bracket with four screws and flat washers, and four
lockwashers, eight spacers, and nuts.
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install top evaporator cover. (See paragraph 3-21.)
2. Connect power.
4-70 Change 5
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|