(2) Disconnect six terminal connecting links.
(3) Using screwdriver, remove two screws that hold terminal board.
(4) Remove the terminal board and marker strip.
(5) If the terminal board support is to be removed, see paragraph 4-14 and separate the evaporator and
condenser section assemblies.
(6) Using screwdriver and wrench, remove the four screws and lock nuts and remove the terminal board support.
(1) Check terminal board for loose or corroded terminals, cracks, and obvious damage. Replace if terminals are
corroded, or if terminal board is cracked or broken.
(2) Check marker strip for general condition. Replace if it is cracked, broken, or you can not read the numbers.
(3) Check terminal board support for cracks and loose or damaged plate nuts or rivets. Replace the support if it
is cracked or broken. Replace the rivets if they are loose. Replace the plate nut if it is damaged or missing.
Repair (terminal board support only)
(1) Repairs are limited to replacement of rivets and plate nuts.
(2) Plate nut may be removed by drilling out the old rivets using a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the
(3) Install new plate nut(s) and rivets.
d. Installation (If the terminal board support was not removed, skip steps 1 and 2.)
(1) Using screwdriver and wrench, install the terminal board support with four screws and lock nuts.
(2) See paragraph 4-14 and reconnect the evaporator and condenser section assemblies.
(3) Using screwdriver, install the terminal board and marker strip with two screws.
(4) Connect the six terminal connecting links.
(5) See tags and wiring diagram, figure 4-3, and connect the leads from the heaters and wiring harness. Remove
Follow-on Procedure: Install the fan and motor assembly. (See paragraph 4-21.)
4-31. HEATING ELEMENT TEST (INSTALLED)
Preliminary Procedure: 1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove top evaporator cover. (See paragraph 3-21.)
(1) Remove heater wiring harness connector P3 from connector J3 on right side of electrical module assembly.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|