b. Inspect/Test prior to disassembly.
(1) Visually inspect each electrical heating element for obvious damage, deformation, cracked or broken sheath,
burnt out spots and loose, broken or otherwise damaged leads. Replace if any damage is found.
(2) Visually inspect fins on each element; straighten bent fin and replace element if fins are badly damaged,
missing or loose.
(3) Using a multimeter, check the resistance of each heating element. Resistance should be 67 to 67 ohms.
(4) Using a multimeter, check each heating element for shorts. Check between heater wire and heater body. No
reading should be indicated. Replace heating elements that indicate shorts.
(5) Check eater mounting bracket for cracks breaks, and sever dents. Replace if damaged.
c. Disassembly (Model DHF): The following disassembly instructions cover removal of only one electrical heating
element. Should more than one or all of the electrical heating elements have to be removed, repeat steps listed for each
electrical heating element to be removed.
(1) Using a screwdriver, remove the two machine screws and lock washers holding the electrical heating element
to the bracket.
(2) Carefully pull the electrical heating element out of he bracket, being careful not to damage the fins.
(3) If electrical heating element mounting bracket to be replaced remove all fifteen elements from bracket.
Figure 4-30. Electrical Heating Elements - Model DHF
Change 3 4-75
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|