REFRIGERANT UNDER PRESSURE
is used in the operation of this equipment
or severe injury may result if you fail to observe safety precautions.
Never use a heating torch on any part that contains Refrigerant 22.
Do not let liquid refrigerant touch you, and do not inhale refrigerant gas.
(1) Be sure refrigerant has been discharged. (See paragraph 4-5.)
(2) Tubing should be nitrogen purged during all brazing/debrazing operations. (See paragraph 4-6.)
(3) Unwrap insulation (black cork tape) from joints that are to be debrazed.
(4) Wrap wet rags around expansion valve body and distributor tubes.
(5) Using torch debraze and separate the distributor from the expansion valve. See paragraph 4-7.
(6) Note position of elbow on suction header.
(7) Wrap wet rags around suction header on evaporator coil, just above the elbow.
(8) Using torch, debraze and separate the elbow from the evaporator coil header. See paragraph 4-7.
Figure 4-32. Evaporator Coil Repair
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|