(1) Discharge the refrigerant system. (See paragraph 4-5.)
(2) Using wrench, carefully disconnect the low and high condenser to evaporator refrigerant metal hose line
connectors from the coupling halves. (See figure 4-8.)
(3) Using wrench, remove the jam nut from the inside of the access area.
(4) Carefully spring the tubing up enough to gain access to the hexes on the body and tubing adapter.
(5) Use two wrenches. Using one wrench to hold the tubing adapter, carefully remove the valve body. Carefully
spring tubing up enough to remove the half coupling body, the poppet valve assembly, the O-rings, and the gasket seal.
(6) Inspect the tubing adapter for cracks and damaged threads. If defective, note position of tubing adapter hex.
Debraze the tubing adapter in accordance with instructions in paragraph 4-7.
(1) If the tubing adapter was removed, braze a new one in place in original position in accordance with
instructions in paragraph 4-7.
(2) Oil O-rings liberally with refrigerant oil, item 13, Appendix E. This will prevent it from scuffing and tearing
when coupling body is threaded into adapter.
(3) Place O-rings on tubing adapter.
(4) Insert poppet valve assembly into body.
(5) Carefully engage the threads of the body and tubing adapter.
(6) Use two wrenches. Use one wrench to hold the tubing adapter and the other to tighten the half coupling body
suction line (larger) 35-45 foot pounds (48-61 newton meters)
discharge line (smaller) 15-20 foot pounds (20-27 newton meters)
(7) Slip the gasket seal over the threaded body end and place body threaded end down through the access box.
(8) Using wrench tighten jam nut from inside of access box.
(9) Using wrench, carefully reconnect the low and high condenser to evaporator refrigerant metal hose line
connectors to the coupling halves.
(10) Replace the dehydrator. (See paragraph 4-73.)
(11) Leak test the coupling halves, the dehydrator and joints in the repair area in accordance with paragraph 4-8.
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install front evaporator cover and radio frequency filter. (See paragraphs 3-17 and 4-17.)
2. Install access cover. (See paragraph 3-14.)
3. Install air conditioner on shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|