Acetone and methly-ethyl-ketone (MEK) are flammable, and their vapors can be
explosive. Repeated or prolonged skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be
toxic. Use a well-ventilated area, wear gloves, and keep away from sparks or
(2) Soften and remove old adhesive and gasket residue, using acetone or methyl-ethyl ketone (MEK) and a stiff
(1) Cut to size.
(2) Be sure that the surface to which the insulation is to be applied is clean and free of paint and old adhesive
(3) Coat the mating surfaces of the metal and the insulation with adhesive (item 12, Appendix E). Let both
surfaces air dry until the adhesive is tacky, but will not stick to the fingers.
(4) Starting with an end, carefully attach the insulation to the metal. Press into firm contact all over.
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install all parts and covers that were removed.
2. Install air conditioner on shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
4-41. ELECTRICAL MODULE ASSEMBLY, EVAPORATOR SECTION (REMOVAL/INSTALLATION)
Preliminary Procedure: 1. Remove air conditioner from shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
2. Remove top evaporator cover. (See paragraph 3-21.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|