(1) Clean the linkage with a soft brush and damp rag.
(2) Check push-pull cable connections to be sure they are tight.
(3) Check that clamps are in place and secure.
(1) Using screwdriver, remove five screws and pull fan cover plate.
(2) Using screwdriver, loosen mechanical post screw(s).
(3) Using screwdriver and wrench, loosen screws and nuts that retain push-pull cable clamps.
(4) Using screwdriver and wrench, remove screw(s) and lock nut(s) from actuator cylinder shaft end.
(5) Pull push-pull cable(s) from clamps and remove from air conditioner.
(1) Place push-pull cable(s) through clamps. (Looped end of cable toward actuating cylinder.)
(2) Using screwdriver and wrench, secure the end of the push-pull cable to actuator cylinder shaft end with
screw(s) and lock nut(s).
(3) Insert control wire end in mechanical post(s).
(4) Using screwdriver, secure mechanical post screw(s) while holding vane lever(s) closed. (See paragraph
4-60.d for final adjustment.)
(5) Using screwdriver and wrench, tighten screws and nuts that retain push-pull cable clamps.
Sheet metal screws are used to mount fan cover plate. Take care that mounting
screw holes are not stripped.
(6) Using screwdriver, install fan cover plate with five screws.
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install right end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-26.)
2. Install top condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-25.)
3. Connect power.
4-60. OUTLET VANES AND LEVERS
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove condenser discharge grille and EMI screen. (See paragraph 3-29.)
3. Remove impeller, centrifugal fan, and extension shaft. (See paragraph 4-61.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|