(1) Check that louvers are not bent. Replace them if they cannot be straightened.
(2) Check that all linkages and attaching hardware are in place and secure.
(3) If louvers are dirty, clean with a soft brush or wash with water and a mild detergent solution.
Figure 4-59. Outlet Vanes and Levers
(1) Using screwdriver, loosen screws in the two mechanical posts and remove the wire ends.
(2) Using pliers, remove the cotter pin(s) from the end of the pivot(s).
(3) Remove the outlet vane lever, mechanical post, flat washer, and insulation tubing (bearing) from pivot end.
(4) Using screwdriver and wrench, remove four screws and lock nuts from pivots and vane.
(5) Remove the pivots, remaining insulation tubing and vane.
(6) If the other vane is to be removed, repeat steps (4) and (5) above.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|