Figure 4-63. Motor (B2) Test
(2) Using multimeter check continuity between all J11 pins and motor housing. Continuity should exist only on
(3) Using multimeter, measure 3 phase windings at J11:
A to B
B to C
A to C
All resistances should be above zero, but less than 2 ohms.
(4) Using multimeter, check J11. Pin D is ground. Check pins A, B, C, E, and F to pin D. There should be no
reading. Check pin D to motor frame, multimeter should read 0.
(5) Using multimeter, measure resistance between pins E and F. Resistance should be zero meaning the switch
(6) Motor with shorted, open or grounded windings or open thermostatic switch should be replaced.
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install top condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-25.)
2. Connect power.
4-64. MOTOR ALTERNATING CURRENT (B2)
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove top condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-25.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|