Installation (complete hose assembly)
If a complete factory assembled hose assembly is installed, it is not necessary to
evacuate and charge the refrigerant system, if the half couplings closed properly
and the charge was not lost.
(1) Position the new hose assembly in the air conditioner.
(2) Using wrench, connect the condenser end hose fitting to half coupling at condenser fan motor mounting
(3) Using wrench, connect the evaporator end hose fitting to half coupling at access opening in evaporator
(4) Secure hoses to compressor junction box with two joined tie down straps.
d. Disassembly/Reassembly suction hose.
Figure 4-68. Suction Hose
(1) Discharge the refrigerant system. (See paragraph 4-5.)
(2) Remove the hose from the air conditioner. See b.(1) through (4) and figure 4-67.
(3) Use two wrenches. Using one wrench to hold the tubing adapter, carefully remove the union nut and body
(4) Remove the two O-rings, valve, and sleeve assembly.
(5) If the opposite end coupling is damaged, or if any brazing/debrazing is to be done, repeat steps (3) and (4)
and remove half coupling from opposite end.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|