(1) Using screwdriver, remove two screws, lock washers, and flat washers that attach solenoid valve.
(2) Using screwdriver, remove four screws that attach bracket to housing.
(3) Slip bracket out of air conditioner.
(1) Repairs are limited to replacement of rivets and plate nuts.
(2) Plate nuts may be removed by drilling out the old rivet using a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the
(3) Install new plate nut(s) and rivets.
(1) Position bracket in unit and aline holes.
(2) Using screwdriver, secure bracket to housing with four screws.
(3) Apply locking compound, item 15, Appendix E, to solenoid valve mounting screw threads.
(4) Using screwdriver, secure the solenoid valve to the bracket with two screws, lock washers, and flat washers.
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install left end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-27.)
2. Install condenser top cover. (See paragraph 3-25.)
3. Connect power.
4-72. SIGHT GLASS
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove right end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-26.)
3. Remove condenser electrical module. (See paragraph 4-90.)
(1) Check that glass window is clean and not cracked or broken. Clean if dirty. Replace sight glass if cracked or
(2) Check for evidence of leakage. Leak test if leak is suspected. Repair or replace as indicated.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|