(3) Using screwdriver, remove two clamps.
(4) Remove dehydrator. Note direction of flow arrow for installation.
Replacement dehydrators are packaged with sealing caps on the flare fittings, to
prevent moisture contamination of the desiccant filtering media. Remove these
caps immediately prior to installation. Never install a dehydrator from which caps
have been removed for an extended or unknown period of time.
(1) Place dehydrator in unit and slip two clamps around dehydrator and tabs that are part of bracket welded to
bottom of housing. Be sure flow arrow is pointing away from compressor.
(2) Using screwdriver, tighten clamps.
(3) Using wrench tighten both flare nuts.
(4) Leak test all newly connected joints and those in the repair area. (See paragraph 4-8.)
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install right end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-26.)
2. Connect power.
4-74. RECEIVER, LIQUID REFRIGERANT
1. Remove air conditioner from shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
2. Separate evaporator and condenser section assemblies. (See paragraph 4-14.)
3. Remove front condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-23.)
(1) Check for general condition and signs of leakage. If leakage is suspected, leak test per paragraph 4-8.
(2) Check that mounting nut is secure.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|