Figure 4-81. Expansion Valve (Quench)
(3) If a leak is suspected or indicated, test per paragraph 4-8.
(1) The liquid quench expansion valve is factory set at a superheat of 35° ± 1/2°F (1.6° ± 0.3°C) at a 32°F (0°C)
(2) Due to possible compressor damage, field adjustment of installed quench valve is not recommended.
(1) Remove insulation from compressor inlet tube to expose sensing bulb and straps.
(2) Using screwdriver and wrench, loosen two screws, nuts, and straps that retain sensing bulb.
(3) Slip the bulb from straps.
(4) Using screwdriver and wrench, remove the screw, lock nut and clamp holding sensing bulb capillary tube to
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|