Figure 4-85. Low Pressure Switch (S5)
b. Test. Use a continuity tester or multimeter to check for continuity between terminals 1 and 2 on switch. If there is
continuity, the switch is properly closed. If no continuity is found, switch must be replaced.
(1) Discharge the refrigerant system per paragraph 4-5.
(2) While purging the system with nitrogen, debraze the capillary end from the tube tee. (See paragraphs 4-6
(3) Using a screwdriver, remove the screw clamp from the coil of capillary tubing.
(4) Tag and disconnect the two leads.
(5) Using screwdriver or wrench, remove two screws holding the pressure switch.
(6) Remove the pressure switch.
(1) Position pressure switch on bracket and aline holes.
(2) Using screwdriver or wrench, secure the pressure switch to bracket with two screws.
(3) See tags, wire marking and wiring diagram (figure 4-3), and connect leads.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|