(3) Carefully tilt coil and remove from left end.
(1) Repairs are limited to replacement of nut plates, rivets, and the straightening of mashed fins.
(2) Plate nuts may be removed by drilling out the old rivets using a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of
(3) Install new plate nut(s) and rivets.
(4) If fins are mashed or dented so that the air flow across the coil would be blocked, straighten them using a
plastic fin comb.
When handling coils, wear gloves to avoid cuts and reduce fin damage on the coil.
(1) Carefully tilt coil and place into position in housing, through left end.
(2) Using screwdriver, secure coil to housing with ten screws.
(3) No air passage is permitted at top or bottom of condenser coil. Seal these areas with insulation. Bond the
insulation in place with adhesive item 12, Appendix E.
(5) Install the following components:
Compressor, per paragraph 4-88.
Low pressure switch, per paragraph 4-81.
High pressure switch, per paragraph 4-80.
Relief valve and related piping, per paragraph 4-82.
(6) Replace the dehydrator. (See paragraph 4-73.)
(7) Check to be sure all tubing has been reconnected.
(8) Leak test all newly connected joints and those in the repair area. (See paragraph 4-8.)
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install condenser guard and condenser inlet EMI screen. (See paragraph 3-28.)
2. Install left end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-27.)
3. Install right end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-26.)
4. Install top condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-25.)
5. Install air conditioner on shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|