Heater replacement. (DHF model only) (Refrigerant system discharge is not required.)
(1) Check to see that the power has been disconnected at the power source and covers have been removed
during access and testing proceed as follows.
Allow heater to cool before touching. Severe burns can result from touching hot
(2) Tag and disconnect two heater leads from junction box terminals.
(3) Using pliers, remove band on heater.
(4) Spread the heater ends to clear junction box.
(5) Lift heater up and off compressor crankcase.
Figure 4-91. Compressor (DHF model)
(6) Install new heater as follows.
(7) Spring heater ends apart and place heater down and around compressor in position on crankcase. Using
pliers, secure heater on crankcase with metal band.
4-180 Change 2
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|