Figure 4-100. Chassis, Electrical Module
(4) Check that danger plate is in place and legible. Replace if missing, damaged, or illegible.
(5) Check that EMI gaskets are not cracked, loose, or missing. Repair if loose. Replace if cracked or missing.
(6) Check general condition of blind nuts and snap fasteners. Repair if loose. Replace if damaged or missing.
(1) If danger plate is damaged:
Use a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the rivets.
Drill the rivets out and remove the danger plate.
Install danger plate with four rivets.
(2) If EMI gasket is missing or damaged:
Prior to removal of old gasket material, cut the new replacement material to size
using the old material as a sample.
Remove as much of the old gasket material as possible by pulling or scraping it away from the metal
Acetone and methyl-ethyl ketone (MEK) are flammable, and their vapors can be
explosive. Repeated or prolonged skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be
toxic. Use a well ventilated area, wear gloves, and keep away from sparks or
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|