(1) Check that cover is not cracked, bent, pierced and that all marking is legible. Replace if damaged or outside
face plate marking is illegible.
(2) Check that captive screws are in place and not damaged. Replace them if they are missing or damaged.
(1) Using allen wrench, loosen setscrew and remove knobs from temperature control and rotary mode selector
(2) Remove lens cap from light assembly.
(3) Using wrench, remove attaching hardware from rotary mode selector switch, light assembly, and temperature
(4) Remove the cover.
(5) If captive screws are missing or damaged, install new ones.
Installation tool (08524) H7503-8 is required for captive screw installation. Place
captive screw through hole in cover. Turn captive screw into nose threads of
installation tool. Squeeze installation tool handles together firmly. Unscrew
(1) Position rotary switch through hole in cover.
(2) Using wrench, secure rotary switch with locking ring, lock washer, and nut. Positioning tab on locking ring
must fit into hole in cover.
(3) Aline rotary switch knob setscrew with flat portion of rotary switch shaft.
(4) Slip knob onto rotary switch shaft.
(5) Using allen wrench, tighten rotary switch knob setscrew.
(6) Using wrench, secure light assembly to cover with nut and lock washer.
(7) Screw lens cover onto light assembly.
(8) Place temperature control shaft and positioning tab through holes in cover.
(9) Using wrench, secure temperature control with lock washer and nut.
(10) Turn temperature control shaft clockwise as far as it will go.
(11) Slip knob on temperature control shaft with pointer to the extreme WARMER position.
(12) Using allen wrench, tighten temperature control knob setscrew.
(13) Slip box and cover together and aline holes.
(14) Using screwdriver and wrench, secure box to cover with two screws and self locking cap nuts.
Follow-on Procedures: Install remote control assembly in shelter. (See paragraph 4-99.)
4-215 (4-216 blank)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|