JUNCTION BOX COMPONENTS.
General. The junction box components consist of the following: contol circuit breaker,
power input connector.
Inspection and Test.
Before removing any of the junction box components, check
for loose connections, pitted contacts, and cracked or broken casings. Refer to wiring diagram
(FO-1) and check for continuity with a multimeter. If no continuity exists, or a casing or a casting is
broken or cracked, replace only the defective component.
(1) `Time Delay Relay (Compressor) (K-1).
Time Delay Relay.
Turn mode selector switch to cool and note time lapse between
starting of fan motors and starting of compressor. If time lapse is less than 27 seconds or
more than 33 seconds, replace the relay.
(1) Refer to paragraph 4-29 and remove the junction box.
(2) Refer to figure 4-14 and remove the time delay relay.
(1) Refer to figure 4-14 and install the time delay relay.
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-29 and install the junction box.