HEATING ELEMENTS AND HEATER CUT-OUT SWITCH.
General. A bank of six elements provides heat for the heating mode; three elements
are energized in the LOW and all six in the HIGH heat position. Temperature is controlled by
temperature selector switch. Dangerously high temperatures are prevented by the heater cut-
b . Testing. Refer to wiring diagram (FO-1) and test across the heating elements leads for
terminals 3 and 4) . If no continuity exists, replace the heater cut-out switch.
Heating Elements and Heater Cut-out Switch
(1) Refer to paragraph 4-18, remove top front cover.
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-29 and remove the control module and junction box.
(3) Refer to figure 4-25 and remove the heating elements or the heater cut-out
(1) Refer to figures 4-25 and FO-1 and install the heating element or heater cut-out
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-29 and install the junction box and control module.
(3) Refer to paragraph 4-18, install the top front cover.