RECEIVER - Continued
( 1 ) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and discharge the refrigerant system.
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-18 and remove rear top cover.
( 3 ) Refer to figure 5-6 amd remove receiver mounting bracket.
(4) Unsolder receiver from refrigerant system tubing.
(1) Refer to figure 5-6 and mount receiver on compartment wall.
Brazing operations should be carried out using approved
eye protection equipment and rods not containing cadmium.
Certain brazing operations may require mechanical venti-
Local preventive medicine personnel should be queried
if doubt exists as to rod composition or ventilation requirements.
(2) Refer to paragraph 5-6 and solder receiver to refrigerant system tubing.
Curved end of tube installed in top at receiver
enters in length sufficient for tip of tube to
face inner wall of receiver.
(3) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and leak test the refrigeration system.
(4) Refer to paragraph 4-18 and install rear top cover.
Caution should be exercised with fluorocarbon refrigerant
gas (freons) as they can displace oxygen and thereby
Personnel with a history or other evidence of cardiac
rhythm abnormalities should be made aware of the potential
for aggravation of existing cardiac rhythm abnormalities or
the induction of arrythmias, as a result of exposure to
fluorocarbon refrigerant gases (freons). Such individuals
should be evaluated by local medical authorities before
working in environments where potential freon exposure
(5) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and purge the refrigeration system.
(6) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and charge refrigeration system.