LIQUID SIGHT INDICATOR - Continued.
(1) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and discharge the refrigerant system.
(2) Refer to figure 4-4 and remove rear top cover.
(3) Refer to figure 5-8 and remove the liquid sight indicator mounting plate.
(4) Unsolder the liquid sight indicator from the refrigerant system tubing.
Refer to figure 5-8 and install the liquid sight indicator and its mounting bracket.
Brazing operations should be carried out using approved
eye protection equipment and rods not containing cadmium.
Certain brazing operations may require mechanical ventilation.
Local preventive maintenance personnel should be queried
if doubt exists as to rod composition or ventilation
(2) Refer to paragraph 5-6 and solder the liquid sight indicator tot he refrigerant
Refer to paragraph 6-3 and leak test the refrigerant system.
Refer to paragraph 6-3 and purge the refrigeration system.
R e f e r to paragraph 4-18 and install the rear top cover.
Caution should be exercised with fluorocarbon refrigerant
gas (freons) as they can displace oxygen and thereby
Personnel with a history or other evidence of cardiac
rhythm abnormalities should be made aware of the potential
for aggravation of existing cardiac rhythm abnormalities
or the induction of arrythmias, as a result of exposure
to fluorocarbon refrigerant gases (freons). Such individuals
should be evaluated by local medical authorities before
working in environments where potential freon exposure
Refer to paragraph 6-3 and charge the refrigerant system.