COMPRESSOR - Continued.
(1) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and discharge the refrigerant system.
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-18 and remove top covers.
(3) Refrigerant tubing as required to permit removal of compressor.
(4) Disconnect electrical connector P1 from compressor.
(5) Position unit to gain access to bottom of unit. Remove bolt access plates.
(6) Remove four screws, washers, lock washers and compressor mount bushings.
(7) Lift compressor from air conditioner.
If compressor is being replaced because of a motor
burnout, decontaminate system as instructed in para-
graph 6-5. Failure of the replacement compressor
will result if all the contaminants are not removed.
Install compressor as follows:
(1) Refer to figure 5-15, place compressor on mounts and install four compressor
mount bushings. Secure compressor with four screws, washers and lock washers. Install bolt
(2) Connect compressor tubing.
Refer to paragraph 5-20 and install new dehydrator.
(3) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and leak-test connections.
(4) Connect electrical connector P6.
(5) Refer to paragraph 4-33 and install condenser motor and motor supports.
(6) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and purge the refrigerant system.
Caution should be exercised with fluorocarbon
refrigerant gas (freons) as they can displace oxygen
and thereby cause suffocation.
Personnel with a history or other evidence of
cardiac rhythm abnormalities should be made aware
rhythm abnormalities or the induction of arrythmias,
as a result of exposure to fluorocarbon refrigerant
gases. Such individuals should be evaluated by local
medical authorities before working in environments
where potential refrigerant gases exposure may occur.
(7) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and recharge the refrigerant system.
(8) Refer to paragraph 4-18 and install top covers.