(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Sections II and Ill.
(5) lTEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.
c. FIGURE AND lTEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Section II and Ill.
(2) lTEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of
the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection
requirements to identify an item or range of items.
5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. USABLE ON CODE. Usable on codes are shown in the description column. Uncoded items are
applicable to all models. Identification of the usable on codes in this publication are:
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertains to the Air Conditioner,
Horizontal Compact and its components.
Air Conditioner, Horizontal Compact 18,000 BTU/HR
6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups
and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs.