5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as UOC....... in the Description Column (justified left) on the last
line applicable item description/nomenclature.
Uncoded items are applicable to all models
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publication(s) listed below pertains to the Air Conditioner,
Vertical, 6,000 BTU Kits Components.
Air Conditioner, Vertical 6,000 BTU
6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT known.
First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number
noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (Nil N) sequence (see
c-4a. (1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see
paragraph c-4.b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you
are looking for.