(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name
o f the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immedi-
ately following the assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in
the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated.
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model,
the effective serial numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the
description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Infor-
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears
as the last line(s) in the entry for each special tool, special TMDE,
and other special support equipment. When density of equipments
supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue,
t h e total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item de-
scription in Column 5 for a given figure in both Section II and Sec-
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indi-
cates that the item is a repair part of the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the
quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which
is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is
variable and may vary from application to application.
4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the
NSN, i.e. (5305-01-574-1467).
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits
of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering
items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the
i t e m is identified/located. The figures are in numerical order in
Section II and Section III.