AIR CONDITIONER, HORIZONTAL, COMPACT
CONDENSER FAN, MOTOR, AND HOUSING INSPECTION, TESTING, REMOVAL, REPLACEMENT, AND
Condenser Fan Inlet Ring
Lock Washers (2)
Tie Down Straps
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit, WP 0000 00, Item
Remove Louver and Cable Assembly (WP 0021 00)
Remove Compressor Start Relay (WP 0044 00)
Condenser Fan Motor
Condenser Fan Impeller
Condenser Fan Housing
1. Check motor rational freedom by spinning the fan. If there is any stiffness or binding, notify supervisor.
2. Check the motor bearings for shaft endplay. If there is excessive endplay, notify supervisor.
3. Check the impeller fan for dents and bent or loose fan blades and ensure the hub is securely attached. Replace if
4. Check the fan inlet ring for dents or any distortion that would cause interference with the impeller fan. Replace if
1. Use a continuity tester to check the continuity of field coils between motor connector P5 pins A and B and between
pins A and C. Continuity should exist.
2. Check the continuity from Pin G to Pins A, B, C, D, and E. Continuity should not exist.
3. Check the continuity of the thermal protectors between pins D and E. If continuity does not exist, allow the motor to
cool and then recheck. If continuity continues to cease to exist, replace the motor.
If the above inspections and tests are satisfactory but the motor will not operate properly,
notify Direct Support Maintenance.
1. Remove four cap screws (Item 1) and washers (2) from the top of the motor mounting plate (3).
2. Cut all plastic tie-down straps to free the motor cable.
3. Unscrew the P4, P5, P6, P8, and P9 connectors and push them aside.
4. Loosen two setscrews (4) on the motor shaft extension (5) at the end of the motor. Slide the shaft extension (5) and
the fan (6) from the motor shaft.
5. Carefully lift the motor (7) and the mounting plate (3) up and out of the unit.
6. Remove the motor shaft extension (5) from the fan (6) by loosening the setscrew (8) on the fan hub.
7. If the motor needs to be replaced, remove four cap screws (9), lock washers (10), eight flat washers (11), mounting
plate (3), four bushings (12), and grommets (13).