DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
AIR CONDITIONER, HORIZONTAL, COMPACT
SCREENS, GUARDS, AND LOUVERS REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT
Remove Rear Screens and Guards (WP 0020 00)
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit, WP 0000 00, Item
Remove Return Air Louver and Air Filter (WP 0021
Remove Supply Air Louver (WP 0022 00)
Adhesive Remover, WP 0000 00, Item 16
Adhesive, WP 0000 00, Item 2
Gasket, WP 0000 00
Replacing gaskets and straightening bent blades are the only authorized repairs.
1. Remove as much old gasket material as possible by pulling or scraping it away from the metal surface.
Adhesive remover is flammable and the vapors can be explosive. Repeated or prolonged
skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be toxic. Use in a well-ventilated area, wear
protective gloves, and keep away from sparks or flame.
2. Use adhesive remover and a stiff brush to soften and remove old adhesive and gasket residue.
3. Fabricate all gaskets in accordance with the Parts Manual.
4. Coat all mating surfaces of both metal and gasket with adhesive. Allow both surfaces to air dry until the adhesive is
tacky, but will not stick to fingers.
5. Starting on one end, carefully, but firmly, attach the gasket to the metal.
6. Straighten minor dents and bent edges using common sheet metal repair procedures.
7. Straighten any slightly bent louver blades by hand.
8. See TM 43-0139 for touch-up or refinishing procedures.
Replace screens, guards, or louvers that are badly dented or bent and screens that are punctured or torn.
Install rear screens and guards (WP 0020 00)
Install Return Air Louver and Air Filter (WP 0021 00)
Install Supply Air Louver (WP 0022 00)
END OF WORK PACKAGE