Purging the Refrigerant System - Continued
4. Be sure that the unit's HIGH and LOW pressure charging valves are open.
5. Open the service manifold pressure gauge and charge valves.
6. Open the nitrogen cylinder valve and adjust the regulator. Approximately 1 2 cfm (0.028 0.0587 m3/minute of
nitrogen will flow through the system.
7. Check for discharge from the blue hose attached to the LOW pressure-charging valve. Be sure that no oil is being
forced out of the system.
8. When purging in completed, close the nitrogen cylinder valve.
9. Disconnect the 1/4 inch yellow hose (charge) from the nitrogen regulator.
10. Connect the blue hose (compound gauge) to the service manifold.
Install service manifold (WP 0064 00)
END OF WORK PACKAGE