DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
AIR CONDITIONER, HORIZONTAL, COMPACT
EVACUATING THE REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit, WP 0000 00, Item
Nitrogen, WP 0000 00, Item 8
Refrigerant R-22, WP 0000 00, Item 4
Vacuum Pump, WP 0000 00, Item 3
Install service manifold (WP 0064 00)
RED 1/4 IN.
YELLOW 3/8 IN.
VACUUM HOSE (VAC)
YELLOW 1/4 IN.
CHARGE HOSE (REF)
BLUE 1/4 IN.
1. Check that the new dehydrator was installed. If not, install one. (WP 0075 00).
2. Check that the service manifold charge valve is closed.
3. Check that the unit HIGH and LOW pressure charging valves are open.
4. Connect the 3/8-inch hose to the vacuum pump.
5. Start the vacuum pump.
6. Open the service manifold high pressure gauge, compound gauge, and vacuum valves.
7. Run the vacuum pump until at least 29 inches of mercury is measured on the compound gauge.