DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
AIR CONDITIONER, HORIZONTAL, COMPACT
COMPRESSOR TESTING, REMOVAL, REPAIR, AND INSTALLATION
Tie Down Straps
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit, WP 0000 00, Item
Remove top rear panel (WP 0061 00)
Thermal Overload Switch
If compressor is removed due to burnout, be sure to avoid touching the compressor
sludge when lifting. Acid in sludge can cause burns.
1. Disconnect the wiring harness P10 from J10.
2. (On 3-Phase Models Only) Set the multimeter to its lowest OHMS scale and check for continuity between pins G
and F in the connector J10. If continuity does not exist between these pins, the heater is bad and should be replaced.
3. Check for continuity between pins D and E. If continuity does not exist (and the compressor has had time to cool
down), the compressor motor internal overload witch (S8) is bad. On 3-Phase units, replace the compressor.
4. Check for continuity between pins A and B, B and C, and A and C. There should be continuity between each pair of
pins. If no continuity exists, the compressor motor is bad and the compressor should be replaced.
5. Check for continuity between pins A, B, and C and the compressor body. NO continuity should exist. If continuity
does exist, the compressor motor is bad and the compressor should be replaced.
6. Inspect the J10 connector for loose, broken, or otherwise damaged pins or connector threads. Replace is damaged.